Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Real estate investment for you

When getting started in real estate investing so many things come at you at once that it can be an intimidating process. It may look a little like this:

What techniques will I use? Should I wholesale? Retail? Wholetail? Hold? Pre-rehab? Rehab? Take properties subject to? How about lease option? Or sandwich lease option?

How do I acquire? I could buy with cash, credit, hard money or even try to raise private money. Should I buy personally? Maybe an LLC? Or maybe even a land trust? Partnership maybe or how about S-Corporation, nah maybe a C!

What type of deals should I buy? Singles? Multi's? Mobiles? Commercial buildings? Land?

And that's just a portion of what entered my mind after my first 2 day seminar back in 1999!
In order to answer that question you need to do a self analysis and financial analysis. Not all real estate investing will work for everybody. For instance, if you are someone who has very little cash reserves you probably don't want to build a buy and hold rental portfolio right away. Why? Because who's going to pay for the roof when it leaks? How about the mortgage when your tenant doesn't pay you?

Let's take a look at the questions you need to ask yourself BEFORE you even think about getting involved in real estate, even with Homes For Investors.

No comments:

Post a Comment